New Years Resolutions
I hate New Years Resolutions… wanna know why? Because to me, they feel like giant failures before they ever begin! I’ve set resolutions in the past and failed miserably, so eventually just stopped making them! Who wants to go around feeling like a failure all year? 😉
However, as I learn & grow in my walk with God, I’m coming to understand that one of my biggest problems is my ideal of perfectionism. I expect perfection in my life & when I fall short, I feel like a failure. The problem with this ideal of perfectionism, is that it’s set to my own standards & not God standards or desires for my life. How can any of us succeed unless we’re walking hand in hand with our Maker?
That being said, I’m going to make some resolutions/goals/focus points that I believe God has placed on my heart for 2014. Some are personal, some are spiritual & some are mental, but regardless, they are mine because God has laid them on my heart.
1) Let go & Let God. This sounds a little “high & lofty”, but all I mean is that I’m focusing on letting go of a lot more in my life. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Not committing to as many things Colossians 3:23
- Asking for help instead of trying to be Super Woman Psalm 34:4
- Having realistic expectations of myself Philippians 3:14
- Choosing my battles carefully-letting go of the rest 1 Samuel 17:47
- Finding beauty in chaos & not stressing during chaos Isaiah 61:3
- Warmly embracing those I love, who love me back Ephesians 4:2
- Gently letting go of those I love, who don’t or can’t love me back Micah 6:8
2) Stick with an exercise program. With trying to get pregnant & knowing I’ll gain weight during pregnancy, I really want to get in shape & be healthy. I don’t need to lose much weight, I just need to tone up!! I’ve already started this-so my goal is to stick to it! 🙂 1 Corinthians 6:19
How about you? Set any resolutions/goals/focus points for 2014? I’d love for you to share!
Happy New Year~May God’s richest blessings be yours!
Keep on Reading
Other Posts You May Enjoy
Over the weekend, I spent some time shopping at my favorite Resale Shop My Sister’s Closet. While paying, the cashier asked about my weekend and if I had Labor Day off. I responded, “Yes I do, and I am so grateful.” Her response surprised me, when she had an expression of surprise as she said,…
I’ve been mulling over this post for several days now. My heart wants to go there, but my head does not. It’s not a pretty place, it’s an awkward & painful place, yet at the same time it’s a beautiful place-if I choose to look at it that way. I still remember the day, as…
I would like to give a second tribute to my beautiful Mom & Best Friend this Mother’s Day. You may read my first tribute here. As a girl, I remember hearing the deep admiration in my mother’s voice as she shared childhood memories of her grandmother. My great-grandmother was extraordinary! She was monetarily poor, but…